Ah September, a month of new beginnings (apart from for me, the unemployed graduate, that is!) As well as returning to school or university, September marks the beginning of a new season and the slow descent into darker days and plummeting temperatures. I'm always relieved when we reach this point in the year - not only because it means that Christmas is just around the corner - but also because I'm a winter baby at heart and love anything knitted, chunky or warm. 

So this is what I'm thinking for the 'favourites' feature at the end of the month; a collection of bits and bobs that have defined the month I've had. It's not going to be a fixed formula, though. If I haven't been reading anything new or haven't been getting down to any new beats, they'll be excluded for the month to keep things simple. It'll just be a roundup, so let me know if there are any extra sections you'd like to see! 

SOME FAVOURITES:

1. Beats Solo 2 by Dr Dre (£169.95) 
Around this time of year, just before the big Apple releases, they tend to have some great offers lurking around for students to prep them for the academic year ahead. Luckily for me, I planned it so that my student discount was still valid when I bought my new Macbook Pro, and these Beats came as part of the deal! I've never been a headphone type of girl because they tend to hurt my ears, but these are incredibly comfy and don't look too ridiculous, and it didn't hurt that they were free! 
Once the first leaves begin to turn colour, I'm all over autumn nail shades, and this is one of my newest additions. Cocktail Bling is a gorgeous purple-toned creamy grey that really looks great on the nails. A new favourite perhaps?
3. Chanel Chance au Tendre (£78.50 for 100ml)
I've had this perfume for quite a while now, and you can probably tell from the photo above that it's a firm favourite of mine. It's really fresh and fruity, but it's definitely now limited to the warmer months. 
If you know me then you'll know that I am obsessed with Game of Thrones and have been wanting to dig into the books for ages. Well, I didn't let myself start them until I'd graduated, so when I was in holiday in Mexico in July, they were fair game. They are really long books, but ever since I got back from Mexico I've been trying to read a couple of chapters on my iPad every night, and I've just started the third book: A Storm of Swords. So far I'm really enjoying them, and they are so easy to read that I'd recommend anyone to give them a go, even if you haven't seen the TV show. 


MUSIC:

Been busy this month? Here's a round-up of the posts that have gone live over the last 30 days so that you can catch up! 


I x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram