Hi guys!

As part of my christmas present, my parents got me this little baby - the Laura Mercier 'Smoky Taupes' trio (US$25), which is part of their holiday collection. I've had a little play with it and I want to tell you guys what I think about it while its still available.

To begin with, i'm going to talk about the size of the product. It's much smaller than a regular Laura Mercier palette, in fact its 0.01oz less than a full size LM shadow - for $3 more. This, however does not bother me. In fact, it is a rather useful size as many of you know I tend to travel a lot, so it's perfect for creating a complete eye look.

The palette comes with 3 shades perfect for making a smoky eye in a hurry - 'Twilight Grey', 'Sable', and 'Mica'. As far as I can tell, both Sable and Twilight Grey are a permanent part of LM's eyeshadow collection, whilst Mica appears to be LE. From my point of view, that's a good thin as Sable and Twilight Grey are definitely the stars of the palette, whilst Mica is by far the most disappointing.

































In my opinion, it's a nifty little palette to carry around with you to create a smoky eye on the go. However, Mica is just not worth the space (its similar to some of MAC's worst lustre e/s). However, both of the other shades are nice and Mica does provide a nice bit of glitter that can be used over the top of the other two.


Overall, if you can find a use for Mica, its a worthwhile palette, but if you can't its worth taking a look at the other two in LM's permanent collection and picking up them separately.



Hope this was useful,

Isobel Rose.

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram