Moving away for 3 months with a luggage limit of 20kg forced me to be minimalist when it comes to all 'non-essentials'. However my love of all-things-nails was like the devil on my shoulder, whispering 'go on, take another one'. In the end, I managed to stick to my goal of taking only 5 colours (with the obligatory base and top coat) as well as a few basic nail tools that will help to keep my nails in tip-top shape whilst abroad. 

So first, we'll have a quick look at my must-have tools that have earned their place in my little bag of nail heaven. Let's start with the basics, we've got some bog-standard nail scissors (which I had just used so were unfortunately left out of the photo shoot!) a nail brush, my favourite 4 way nail buffer from Superdrug, and my Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File. Then, to keep our cuticles in line we've got the amazing Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover and a few tools to keep them looking neat. Finally, I've got a cute little dotting tool for if I feel like getting creative and doing some nail art - you can find them anywhere but here's a nice cheap and cheerful one from Ebay.

Right, onto the fun stuff. First things first, I knew I had to take my go-to autumn shade - a wine red/purple. My usual colour of choice is OPI's Boris & Natasha, but it was LE and mine is running low so I decided to go and find myself a nice dupe to take in its place. Enter Essie's Bahama Mama. I have heard a lot about this in the past, so I decided to go and take a look at how it stacked up compared to my beloved B&N. It's fair to say that although this is not an exact dupe, it is plenty close enough and was immediately added to my shopping basket!

The other 4 polishes were just the ones that stood out to me after rummaging through all of my polishes (trust me, that was a long process!) Besides my beloved wine colour, I knew that I would also want to take a bright red as it is one of my favourite colours to wear during the months approaching winter. In the end I settled for OPI The Spy Who Loved Me - a gorgeous vibrant red speckled with gold glitter - enough to make anyone swoon. This actually came in the Skyfall Minis Set about this time last year, so not only is it gorgeous, but it's also travel size! Another shade that's perfect for autumn is the gorgeous Seche Enamoured. I have actually already reviewed this here, so I will only talk briefly about it. It's basically a gorgeous mauve/gold duo chrome that looks stunning on. Enough said.

Then, just to add a bit of variety to my life I decided to shake things up with Essie's Butler Please - a gorgeous bright blue that can brighten up even the coldest of winter days. This also came out about this time last year so it's nice to revisit a polish that I haven't touched in a little while and give it it's time in the sun. Then, to top of the lot we have the stunning Nails Inc Old Park Lane - a gorgeous metallic copper/bronze that I have been sporting for the last week. This actually looks a lot cooler-toned in the bottle, but translates onto your nails as a copper colour similar to a shiny new 2p coin. This is another of my all time favourites and therefore definitely deserved it's place in my suitcase.

So that's it for my little capsule nail wardrobe. In the comment section below let me know what 5 colours you would take with you for 3 months away! 




Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram