REMOVE: Before you can do anything, you have to get everything off. Although many people don't like makeup remover wipes, I like to use them as a sort of pre-cleanse - to help get the bulk of makeup off before using anything else. I have pretty sensitive skin, so my wipes of choice are the No7 Beautiful Skin Wipes, as they are incredibly gentle but very effective. Got a bit more slap on that usual? My favourite heavy duty makeup remover is the Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make Up Remover from The Body Shop, which I've talked about here. This is truly amazing for removing heavy eye makeup as it removes it so effortlessly, without damaging or drying out the sensitive skin around your eyes in any way. Right, so you think you've got rid of the bulk? What's next?

CLEANSE: Apart from the obvious removal of makeup, your also need to get rid of any pollutants, dirt, and any other nasties that may be hanging around on your skin's surface. This is where cleansing comes in. I seriously cannot overstate the importance of cleansing your skin, in fact, I often double-cleanse my skin just to make sure I've got rid of every last speck of dirt and grime. I like to start out with something gentle, like Bioderma's Hydrabio H2O Micellaire Water. This really helps to remove impurities, whilst helping the skin to retain as much moisture as possible. Even though the micellaire solution is aimed at keeping dry skin hydrated, I usually like to go in with a balm cleanser next. My current favourite is the Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm from Balance Me, which is natural oil-based and contains little bits of oatmeal to gently polish away dead skin cells and enhance cell renewal. I like to remove this with a muslin cloth, and after my skin feels smooth and squeaky clean.

TREAT: This is the part in my nighttime routine where I like to treat any skin issues I'm having. My main concerns are dryness, dehydration and the odd pesky spot. To keep my skin as hydrated as I can, I like to apply the Origins Make A Difference + Rejuvenating Treatment day and night before my moisturiser. This is a product specifically aimed at helping your skin to retain as much moisture as possible - making it a must for me. Then, to help treat any nasty spots, I like to use Origins Super Spot Remover - a small but powerful bottle that can help to eliminate any blemish within a matter of hours.  

MOISTURISE: Finally, the last step is to inject as much moisture back into your skin as possible. No matter what type of skin you have, moisturising is key - as steps like cleansing and spot treatment can dry out your face in a big way. To keep your skin in tip-top shape, you need to find yourself a good moisturiser. Of course, it's going to be different for everyone, but one of my current favourites is the Bioderma Hydrabio Riche. It's perfect for dry, sensitive skin, so if your skin type is similar to mine, then this is definitely worth trying. Need a bit of an extra boost? Try an overnight mask like Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask which will leaving you with a smooth, glowing complexion, and your skin will be overflowing with moisture. 


                                                    YOUTUBE / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK

2 comments

  1. that origins face mask sounds like exactly what i need!


    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram