If you're anything like me, you probably had certain expectations when purchasing NARS Sheer Glow. But, if you are yet to fall into the inevitable trap that so many before you have, let me just stop you in your tracks. For some reason, this foundation in no way lives up to its name. Let me sum it up for you, NARS Sheer Glow is in no way sheer, in fact I would describe it as medium- heavy coverage, and is one of the least glow-y foundations that I have ever used. Now don't get me wrong - I wouldn't describe it as matte either, but it certainly isn't glow-y as the name suggests. Que lástima. When I first applied this to my skin, I was really disappointed. Apart from the major flaws mentioned above, it just didn't sit on my skin right. However, I am not one to sit and cry over spilled foundation *ba dum bum* so I knew that I had to find a way to make it work for me. Then it hit me - through my makeup counter induced daze I remember the MUA mixing the foundation with a bit of Copacabana Highlighter before applying it. A bit ironic as the foundation is supposed to be glow-y on its own, but hey. Now, I don't own Copacabana, so I whipped out my new Revlon Skinlights in Pink Light and mixed a bit of that in - and hey presto! It's the strangest thing though, as although the highlighter does add that bit of sheen to the foundation, it mainly fixes the problem of how it was sitting on my skin. Sheer Glow now blends a whole lot better into my skin and gives me the flawless, glow-y base I was after. 

Now, when it comes to mixing the two, it really depends what look you're going for. On a day-to-day basis, I generally go for 4:1 foundation:highlighter ratio, but you can certainly adjust that according to your needs. I have tried a 3:1 ratio, which gave my skin an incredible glow, but took away from the level of coverage - so it's all up to you. Again, you can use any highlighter you have to hand, but the Revlon one works beautifully as it gives you a sheen rather than a face full of glitter.

So, have you fallen into the trap of NARS Sheer Glow? How did you make it work for you? I'd love to hear in the comment section below! 


                                                    YOUTUBE / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK


4 comments

  1. I've been good about not picking up that foundation! I've wanted it for ages, but the price tag always throws me off! If it's not as luminous as people say it is, I may skip on it! However, the Revlon product sounds great! I'll have to check it out!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for luminous, then give this a miss. I like it now I've found out how to use it, but it's bad that I had to do that! x

      Delete
  2. I adore this foundation and I don't like dewy finishes and prefer medium coverage but I got this because I read reviews beforehand and they all said the name was misleading. But bad on NARS for naming this in a totally counterintuitive way, not everyone reads blog reviews before making purchases. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's terrible! Not a cheap product to not like! x

      Delete

Follow

Instagram