My last edition of #Use or Lose was just before I moved back from Madrid earlier in the year - well the time has come to reshuffle and reorganise my beauty stash back here in England at my university residence. The concept is easy, I give myself a month with these products, and I either use them, or I lose them. I'm writing this about a month or so before this post actually is scheduled, so that at the end of the post I can update you on what made the cut, and what got passed onto another, more loving home. 

The Suspects:

Models Co. Duo in Goddess
A pretty, neutral duo that unfortunately never really get's it's time in the sun (both literally and figuratively!) The brown shade in this duo is really lovely, but I find the lighter colour a bit clumpy and prone to creasing.

No7 Trio in Cappuccino
Again, another lovely set of shades that gets overshadowed by the likes of my Urban Decay and MAC palettes. The trio contains a nice shimmery highlight colour, a soft taupe and a golden brown (think MAC Tempting but smoother). The upside of getting rid of this is I know that a lot of my friends would use this to death if they got their hands on it!

Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Pink Pearl
This is a tricky one - the colour is gorgeous and very 'me', but I simply cannot work out how to get it to work on my eyes. At the counter, the pigmentation is gorgeous, but I can't seem to get any colour on my lids! Maybe mine's a dud - but I'm determined to keep trying!

Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Aubergine
The colour and quality of this eyeshadow are excellent - it's just not a colour that I ever seem to get much use out of. 

Calvin Klein Eyeshadow (shade unknown)
This colour is slightly peculiar - it's nearly a terracotta colour but with a slight golden tinge to it. It's nice enough but compared to other eyeshadows I own, it just doesn't compare when it comes to quality, application or longevity. I'm sure I can find a nice home for it though!

The Outcome:

Used:
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Aubergine - although I didn't use it much, I still think it's a really useful colour to have in my collection, so it's staying!
Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Pink Pearl - I STILL haven't cracked this, but I will!!

Lost:
Calvin Klein Eyeshadow (shade unknown) - Like I said, this just doesn't stand out enough for my, and if I kept it I'm sure it would continue to gather dust. Off to a friend it goes!
No7 Trio in Cappuccino - A gorgeous trio which I would honestly recommend if you don't have anything similar - but I have a million shades like the ones in this so I think it's only fair that it moves on to someone who will use it more than I have.
Models Co. Duo in Goddess - I got this in a beauty box and I've never been that bothered about it, so I'm not really losing anything by passing this on - hopefully one of my friends will get a lot of use out of it!

Have you got some cleaning out to do? Try this #useorlose method and tell me how you get on!


4 comments

  1. Love the format of this post! I had a big clear out before I came to uni and got rid of quite a lot of single shadows :)


    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super helpful I love posts like these! I am awful though I just bin things out of compulsion xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it Jessica! Haha no it's best to sit down for an hour or two with the tv on and go through everything properly! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I have another two like this lined up within the next month so look out for those :) Single shadows can be so tricky can't they? x

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram