Being as pale as I am can be a bit tricky at times - orange foundations and cheek highlights that look like blushes on me are all part of my daily frustration. During my time spent dabbling in the wonderful world of makeup, I have found a select few inner-corner eyeshadows that actually perform as intended on my ghost-like skin (we're talking NW15/20 in MAC and pretty much the lightest shade in every other brand). So, before you go out and buy a highlighter that your favourite 'beauty guru' swears by - but will actually turn out to be practically invisible on your skin - I've compiled a list of my favourites for you to take a look at...

MAC Phloof! (£13)
After trying out numerous other highlighting 'favourites' like Brule, Vanilla or Shroom from the brand, I came to the conclusion that I am simply paler than most of my favourite bloggers/YouTubers and I had to look elsewhere for my fix. Whilst studying makeup in London one summer, I came across perhaps one of my favourite all-time shades from MAC ever - Phloof! It has a gorgeous buttery texture and a frosty finishes that completely illuminates your eyes, waking them up instantly. 

Urban Decay Virgin (£14 single/£37 for the Naked Palette):
Virgin has definitely become my most used shade from the UD Naked Palette - and for very good reason. Just like Phloof! it looks amazing on paler skin to liven things up a bit. If you already own the Naked Palette or are itching to buy it then certainly give this shade a go - but if you don't want to spend the £40 on the entire palette, Virgin is also sold as a single eyeshadow for £14. 

Urban Decay Venus (£22 for the UD Basics Palette):
The shade of Venus doesn't really differentiate from the others that I've mentioned, although I think it's perhaps slightly lighter than Virgin. Again the texture is gorgeous and the colour payoff is great so it's an all round winner for me. Unfortunately, unlike Virgin, this shade isn't sold individually from the palette, but to be honest is a single shadow costs £14 and the Naked Basics Palette only costs £22 - you can buy the whole palette and enjoy not only Venus but five other fantastic shades.

Have you got any favourites that I've missed? Let me know!

13 comments

  1. Ah fab this is very helpful lovely, I use something way too bright and glittery at the moment, it's very garish just to stand out on my pale skin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phloof! is on my list of MAC shadows to try! It's just so stunning.


    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have shroom which I enjoy using but I may have a swatch of phloof to add it to my palette next time I'm in town!



    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using Virgin from the Naked palette. It's one of my most used shades as well. I sometimes also like using the highlighter from Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze&Glow palette.

    http://mmemento-mmori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be a great fan of inner corner highlights, but instead of shimmery shades I like to use a nude coloured eyepencil!

    victoriatheresia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shroom was on my list but now Phloof! had knocked it off, I'm a NW10 in MAC Studio Fix! This is so helpful for a pale skin gal like me!


    doseofwardrobe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's seriously gorgeous - Shroom doesn't show up very well on me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I'd love to try some Charlotte Tilbury! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah definitely go for Phoof! instead x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at shroom and I don't think I have ever seen this one! I also own naked lunch and love that! but this looks stunning so I think I am going to get this one next month!

    http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram