Ah - another year has come and gone, and with it a whole buttload of fancy beauty products that have earned themselves a respectable place in my beauty routine. For me, there were a few products this year that really stood out (not all were necessarily released this year, just used by me a lot!) and I've split them into handy little sections below for you to peruse. As you can see, I am definitely not price-ist when it comes to what I chose to slap on this face, so my favourites range from ridiculously overpriced to cheap-as-chips. So without further ado, hope you had a lovely NYE, and I hope you enjoy today's post!


FACE FAVOURITES:

I simply couldn't write a 2015 favourites post without including my beloved bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in 'Opal' (£26) which became my base of choice in the second part of the year. Switching to mineral-based base products has played a huge part in improving the general appearance and health of my skin. Do let me know if you'd like a full review, but all I can say is that I went out and panic bought another tube of it to avoid running out over the festive season!! 

The next face favourite is a long-standing pal of mine, and it's the NARS Blush Duo in 'Orgasm/Angelika' (£30). I've done a more in-depth post about the duo here, but this compact goes everywhere with me because both shades cover all blush eventualities for me, so I basically don't need anything else (although, let's be realistic - that's not going to happen!)

2015 saw the introduction to face highlighters to my collection, and nothing has served me better than my beloved theBalm Mary Lou Manizer (£17.50). With incredible pigmentation, extremely easy application, and stunning results, I barely go a day without applying this bad boy. 

Last, but certainly not least, is my trusty YSL Touche Éclat in '02' (£25), so loved that I've ignored all the hygiene rules associated with makeup and still have yet to replace it (despite being bought in 2014 - naughty me!) It is the perfect way to brighten up your under eyes and to finish off any look - definitely need to repurchase this in the coming months!

EYE FAVOURITES:

It's always much trickier for me to narrow down eye favourites because I use such a huge array of products throughout the year, but I've managed to narrow it down to five staples that have been by my side all year. First off we have they lovely NARS Eyeshadow Duo in 'Dolomites' (£25) which was unfortunately limited edition, but honestly, any NARS eyeshadows could probably fill this spot. Having such a richly pigmented pair of gorgeous eyeshadows in my collection made my routine so much easier; I knew I always had a safety net if all else failed. 

Speaking of safety nets, the Benefit Gimme Brow in 'Light/Medium' (£18.50) has been a real staple of mine this year. It's a great colour, which is hard to find amongst brow products for blondes, and it really helps to keep your eyebrows looking good all day long. 

One of my favourite 'one swipe wonders' of 2015 definitely has to be the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in 'Initiation' (£25). Just like the NARS duo, this shade is unfortunately LE, but I would happily recommend any of the permanent shades in its place. Despite being one of the more expensive cream eyeshadows on the market, the Chanel Illusion D'Ombres are seriously some of the best. They are probably one of the most long lasting products out there - I'm talking surviving rainy season in HK and an all-nighter at a nightclub type strength. Seriously, these are worth checking out. 

Finally, we have my go to mascara and eyeliner of the year, the YSL Faux Cils Baby Doll Mascara in '2' (£25) and the MAC Technakohl Liner in 'Photogravure' (£14) - both dark brown to suit my colouring better, and both reliable and long lasting. Enough said.

LIP FAVOURITES:

Last but not least, we have the favourite lip products of the year, and I'm not even slightly ashamed to say that I fell hard for the nude lip trend in 2015. Favourites like the GOSH Lipliner in 'Nougart Crisp' (£4.99) the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in 'Eastend Snob' (£3.99) and the MAC Lipsticks in 'Brave' and 'Mehr' (£15.50) entered my collection during the year and don't plan on moving anytime soon, much like my love of the look itself. 

However, we can't forget the other lip products that were firm favourites throughout the year like the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in 'Plum Russian' (£7.99), which is a gorgeous, glossy plum shade, and the great YSL Tint-in-Oil in 'No 8' (£23.50) which really moisturises your lips, and tops off any look a treat!


Shop my Favourites:

So, there we have it - my favourite make up products of 2015! As always, I look forward to what the year ahead has in store for us, and I'm already looking forward to next year's favourites post!

Do you agree with my 2015 favourites? What were some of yours?

I x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram