Last night, I did it - I finally turned the last page of my beloved A Song of Ice and Fire series. After powering my way through five (long!) books in six months, I'm now left with an empty soul that needs a good book to feel whole again (without going back and starting the series again!) My current reading list is actually a hell of a lot longer than this, but Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'll just start with these five... 

Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho:
I've actually read through some of this book before, but after playing around with the idea of a rebrand before this blog's fifth birthday, I'm thinking of going through this again. When I first purchased this, I wasn't particularly serious about this whole 'blogging thing', but I have recently been trying to push myself and my blog further, so I'm sure this will provide some much-needed insight.
Tan Veloz como el Deseo by Laura Esquivel:
I've decided that I want to read more Spanish-language books this year, so I've decided to start with a book that I was actually supposed to read when I was at university - whoops! I'm already a fan of Laura Esquivel's work; she really has such a way with words when it comes to conveying emotions, so I'm excited to get started!

This book has seriously been on my list for ages. It's not that I don't want to read it, it's just that I always seem to pick up something else before getting to this! One of my 'resolutions' in 2016 is to read all of those books hidden away that I've bought, but have never got around to reading (lord help me when I get to War and Peace!) and if this is anywhere near as good as Lisa See's other novels, then I'm sure it's going to be magnificent!

This is another book that looks truly fascinating, but another that has managed to slip to the back of my cupboard as a result of multiple relocations and trips (I think I actually bought this on holiday in Australia!) Set in Lisbon in 1898, the story explores the adventures of Antonio Maria in his quest to find a cure for syphilis, which includes travelling halfway across the world to Peking. As I have a particular interest in China, I'm looking forward to see what this story has in offer. 

Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham:
Yes, I want to read it again. I got through this in a matter of days when I first bought it back in 2014, and I think I'm about ready for a repeat read. Lena Dunham is very love-hate, but as a twenty-something girl, I find much of what she has to say very intriguing and insightful. Last time I read it I promised to write a review, so maybe I'll finally get around to doing that this time!

What books have you added to your reading list lately? Have any of these interested you?
Fancy taking a look at my previous Reading List posts? Check out number one, two, and three here!

I x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram