Hi guys,
So today I wanted to do a quick post about my favourite neutral eyeshadows. I was going to do it from MAC only, but I just had to include some of my other favourites. I would have included drugstore brands, yet none are my favourites

1. Cognac by Laura Mercier

This is a gorgeous terracotta brown with strong red undertones. It also has fine gold glitter in it, which gives it a satin-like finish. This is perfect for blue eyes, but would look great on anyone!


2. Burnished by Laura Mercier

Burnished reminds me a bit of wet sand. I know that doesn't sound attractive but it's a gorgeous golden brown, also with gold shimmer. Much like Cognac, it has a satiny finish. Both Laura Mercier shadows blend beautifully and last well all day.

3. Sidecar by Urban Decay

Many people have commented on Sidecar being one of the least favourites from the UD Naked Palette however, it is one of my first choices! It may have the most fall out, but that isn't much, and it is the most gorgeous, glittery, cool-toned gold brown. Definitely a staple for me when paired with a matte colour or on its own!

4. Antiqued by MAC

Although this is only a recent purchase, it has already made my list. Much like Cognac, it is a red-toned brown which makes it perfect on my blue eyes. It has a buttery texture, allowing it to blend like a dream and last all day!


5. Smoke & Diamonds by MAC (LE)

I love Smoke & Diamonds for a few reasons. Firstly, it is actually quite a unique colour. I guess I would describe it as a cool-toned pewter grey if that makes sense! It is just stunning. Secondly, it is a combination of some of my favourite colours from MAC, Satin Taupe and Patina. Thirdly, is makes for an amazing smokey eye.


6. Dalliance (Mega Metal) by MAC (LE)
Ah, Dalliance. Much like Smoke & Diamonds, it looks quite dupable yet it is truly unique. It is a golden pewter with an intense frost finish. It is actually much lighter and brighter than in this picture, but you can see it better in the swatches below. Also, as it is a Mega Metal eyeshadow, the texture it to die for. Smooth, pigmented and blends beautifully, check!

7. Satin Taupe by MAC
Satin Taupe is definitely one of my go-to eyeshadows when I don't know what to do. It truly is a stunning colour and would suit absolutely anybody. I'm just sad it took me so long to get my hands on!

8. Sketch by MAC
Sketch is, and probably always be a staple in my kit. It is a satin, yet swatches much more like a matte. Luckily, it blends much better than most matte-looking shadows out there. It is a great, less harsh alternative to black to deepen a look, and the red/purple tone to it makes it perfect for blue/green/hazel eyes.


9. Nanogold by MAC (LE)

Nanogold is one of those shadows that you look at and think, 'what is so special about that?' That's what I thought too, yet I am anxiously waiting for it to be re-released. Even the swatch does not do it any justice. Below that peach-beige base, there is a pink sheen that makes it look almost like mother of pearl. If you put this over ANY eyeshadow it completely transforms it into something truly special. If you have this, then you will know what I mean, If you don't, then I suggest that you keep your eyes peeled for it.

10. Omega by MAC
I have only discovered Omega very recently, yet it is a shade that I end up using nearly every day. It's not a unique colour, could be duped, doesn't have as much pigmentation as other shadows, yet for my skin tone it is the perfect transition colour. If you don't know what that means, it is a great colour for blending the crease colour into your highlight without bringing the colour up too high or making a mess. A must have for me!

SWATCHES:

(Left to right) Cognac, Burnished, Sidecar
(Left to right) Antiqued, Smoke & Diamonds, Dalliance


(Left to right) Nanogold, Satin Taupe, Omega, Sketch

So I guess that is it! If you want any more ‘favourites’ blogs then just leave me a comment!
Until next time,
Isobel
xx.

1 comment

  1. Those eyeshadows are really pigmented and chic. I want all those shadows :]

    beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com

    -The BF Mashup

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram