Hey guys,

So today I'm going to do a quick review of MAC's latest Viva Glam lipstick. In case you don't know what 'Viva Glam' is, it's a charity that MAC has set up to help victims of AIDS. Every penny made from sales of Viva Glam products goes to charity, and they always have fabulous celebrities supporting them. Previous celebs have included Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper and Fergie, but this year its the turn of Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin. Ricky Martin only released a clear gloss so there is no need to review it, but today i am going to look at Viva Glam Nicki!

I was so glad when they announced that Nicki would be involved this year as I am personally a huge fan! Any way, let's get onto the actual review :)













































(promo picture)

































The colour of this lipstick initially surprised me as i was expecting more of Nicki's signature bubble gum pink look, but I guess they made one similar for Viva Glam Gaga.

Its a beautiful true coral shade and has a satin finish. Although it's a satin, which are typically quite matte, it has quite a glossy finish to it. Unfortunately it is still matte enough to make it pretty much unwearable on my dry lips :( It's such a shame as its a gorgeous colour for spring and summer, but until I get my lips sorted out, I can only really wear it out at night (when its dark!) I'm sure that for anyone with normal lips this would be perfect.


So what's the verdict?


MY RATING: 4/5 




If it was a little more forgiving on drier lips, it would definitely get a 5/5, but sadly it clings to dryness like no other!






I hope you found this useful and please do let me know if you would like me to review any other products!



Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram