Hey guys,

So I have a terrible habit of getting all excited about a product, photographing the hell out of it and then, well, either forgetting to review it or not being bothered to write up a long review for it. Any way, the other day I spotted the ingenious idea of doing a few quick reviews in a single post on ETC LLYMLRS. This way I can let you guys know what I think and tick off a few reviews as I go! 

So, today I'm going to be reviewing;
 Collection 2000 Gel Liner, UD Primer Potion in Sin & Maybelline Popsicles!


COLLECTION 2000 LASTING COLOUR GEL EYELINER IN BLACK:

A few months back, I got asked by a lovely follower about my opinion of this product. It's a fairly recent release from Collection 2000, retails for £3.99 , and comes in 3 other shades (teal, brown and gold). It also comes with a little brush, which isn't half bad, and comes in nice, simple packaging. I've worn this a few times and I do like it. However, I don't love it, I much prefer the alternatives from MAC and Bobbi Brown, but if you're on a budget, this is a pretty good alternative (the best drugstore gel eyeliner I've tried) and is a great backup to have around.

4/5



URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION IN SIN:

To be completely honest, there really isn't much to say about this product about how good it is at what it does. Just like the original pp from UD, this primes the eye perfectly and keeps any shadows from creasing or fading. However, I never really got into using the original primer potion because; 1) it was in stupid packaging, and 2) it was practically transparent in colour when applied which I found a bit boring. Thanks to UDs redesign of the packaging, it is now easier than ever to use and the colour Sin is just gorgeous. It retails for £14.50 (which I think is great value as you only need the tiniest bit) and is available in larger Boots or online (House of Frasier, UD.com etc).

5/5




MAYBELLINE POPSICLES:

For me, there is only one word to describe these - meh. As you can see, they are only barely pigmented. To be fair, that is what they're designed to be, so they are nice for a slight tint, but aren't worth running out to get. If you've seen this post, you can see that the Topshop version of these, Crystal is EXACTLY the same as the Maybelline 'Pink Lollipop' shade, but for some reason, I prefer the Topshop version so much more. The Maybelline ones smell horribly artificially/plastic-y sweet and the packaging is a bit hit/miss for me. It just feels very cheap and plastic - like the product itself. However, if you can't get your hands on the Topshop version, and can stand the smell and packaging of these, then they are worth a look. They are available from both Boots and Superdrug for £7.19.


2.5/5


 Let me know if you like this style of review or prefer full-length ones!






4 comments

  1. I bought the eyeliner the other day because I'd left mine at Uni and wanted spend the least amount of money I could getting a new one. I was really impressed with it, and found the brush surprisingly good- it actually worked just as well as my MAC 210, even though it's completely different. My only complaint was that it's quite a wet formula so it smudged up my eye, but in future I'll be aware and.. attempt not to blink?

    aah this comment is getting too long BUT I really want to try those lipsticks. And the PP in Sin.. oh nooo. Anyway, great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the eyeliner was better than I expected it to be.
      Thanks for the lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the shade of the UD Sin Primer Potion, i've only ever tried the original and didn't think i'd be interested in Sin! It's now gone straight on my too buy list ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram