Origins Make A Difference Plus Treatment - £34.00 for full size (50ml)

Brrrr. Winter has well and truly arrived here in Russia, so far boasting an icy -5 degrees at it's lowest. I have always suffered from dry skin but these sub-zero temperatures have rendered my usual hydration heroes incompetent, making me have to bring out the big guns - the ultimate weapons again dull, flaky and lack-lustre skin. Luckily, I seem to have found a winning combination to keep the flake at bay, making my life that tiny bit easier. So, where shall we start...?

FACE 
Keeping my face moisturised is a constant battle. However I've found a combo of 3 products in particular help to keep my skin soft and hydrated. My first line of defence is the Origins Make A Difference Plus Treatment. This is somewhat like a serum - you can put it under your moisturiser and it will help your skin to retain as much moisture as possible without any pesky oil buildups. After that, I follow up with the La Roche-Posay Hydreane Extra Riche, which is an extra heavy, rich cream that bombardes my skin with hydration. I tend to use this more at night as it is quite heavy even for me, so if you're skin is in better shape than mine then you might want to tread carefully with this bad boy. To top of this dream team of face products, we have a recently discovered product of mine - the Bioderma Hydrabio Masque. I found this whilst scanning for hydrating masks when even my Origins Drink Up Intense mask wasn't quite cutting it. This plus the other two already mentioned makes for a bright, flake-free face in any weather condition!

LIPS
Let's face it, dry lips are not at all sexy. I had the stick form of this famous lip balm but I caved and finally bought the potted version, and I can now confirm that the potted Nuxe Rêve De Miel Lip Balm is so much better. I only use this at night as it has a really thick texture, but one you wake up in the morning your lips feel 100 times softer than they did the night before. It's a winner for me!

HANDS
When it comes to our skin, nothing suffers worse damage than our hands. Washing up, hand washing clothes, cleaning, and now cold winter weather on top of that - do absolutely nothing to help maintain the delicate skin on our hands. That's why hand creams are so important, to keep our digits silky soft and healthy throughout the winter months. My current favourite is the Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Hand Cream. It provides great moisture but sinks in quickly so your not left with greasy-feeling hands. 

So those are my winter-time heroes! What are yours?

                                                            YOUTUBE / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK



Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram