So, remember this post from a few months ago? Well the time has finally come for my two month spending ban to come to an end - and in all honesty, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. The last sixty two-or-so days have been almost blissful - much like detoxing from anything else, over time my cravings to shop have decreased drastically and that has made for a refreshing change from my usual beauty-crazed self. Now that's not to say that I haven't been lusting over a select few products - my wish list at the back of my diary has grown slightly, and you may remember that half way through this little project I experienced a wee stress-induced hiccup that resulted in some YSL goodies. I honestly don't think that I've managed to save a huge amount of money (as uni stress has tripled my number of Dominos orders!) but I have definitely been enjoying and using up products that I already have in my possession, as well as learning more about myself and my relationship with shopping, and that's a satisfying feeling. Perhaps the only problem that I've come across has been related to the blog; and that is having to be more creative when it comes to content to avoid talking about the same damn products day in and day out. You can't deny it, new stuff makes for fun posts, so trying to compensate for that has been a bit of a challenge, but it has also helped me to branch out a bit and start thinking outside the box. This spending ban hasn't resulted in a life-changing epiphany, but it certainly has got the ol' brain ticking, as well as saving up the pennies in my pocket, and overall I consider it to have been a huge success! 

If you are a fellow beauty addict (or any other type of addict for that matter!) and are trying to cut down your collection and/or your spending, then definitely try and enforce a ban on yourself. It doesn't have to be for two months - it could be two weeks - but it really helps you to learn more about your relationship with shopping, and will help you save some money along the way, as well as avoiding impulse buys. Got any questions or suggestions about the topic? Leave them in the comment section below!

7 comments

  1. I have a self-imposed 1 product/mo deal with myself this year, and so far I haven't bought anything. I'm saving up my limit for something really good, and I'm not sure I've reached it. Anyway, glad to know that it's helped you out tons, even if in ways different than you originally anticipated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try this, although I actually haven't been buying as many beauty bits recently anyway, it sounds like a great idea!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a month of beauty spending ban and I must say that it has brought many positive aspects in my life: I used a few products out (especially skincare) and I've saved up a bit of money to spend on clothes which I actually needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of this, but I should of done one in February considering its the shortest month!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. the idea of this sounds great! specially when trying to save up some money, would you do another one? maybe a longer one? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really like to try this, but I'm going to London in about a week so think I'll end up picking up a few bits there!

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need a spending ban, but I think i'll do it once I've finished Uni because sometimes a girl just has to shop when she's stressed!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine // I’d love it if you entered my Blog Birthday Lifestyle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram