Summer is the time for an abundance of salad due to the (hopefully) warm weather. However, I've never been a fan of salads so you can imagine my nightmare when the season approaches because leaves and dressings seem to feature in every meal. To combat this, I've been experimenting with the few types of salads (see another of my recipes here) that I do like and have settled on a recipe or two that I've been scoffing all summer long. Today we're going to take a look at a good ol' chicken caesar salad that I've been all over recently!
Ingredients:
- 1 romaine lettuce / 1 pack of salad leaves
- 1 - 1 1/2 pack of cooked chicken breast (depending on how much chicken you like!)
- A pack of croutons (you can make your own, but I prefer the store bought ones)
- A handful of finely grated parmesan 
- A few slices of shaved parmesan (for the topping)
- 4tbsp half-fat mayonnaise
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A pinch of sugar

Method:
1. Combine the half-fat mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, the finely grated parmesan and a pinch of sugar to create the dressing. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper!
2. Slice/tear up the chicken into bite size pieces and throw into a large bowl with
the lettuce, dressing, croutons, and the grated parmesan.


Feel like trying this recipe out? Let me know how it goes! 

I x

*This recipe was adapted from a Waitrose recipe (see here)

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram