Yes, I know, these products seem incredibly cliché and unoriginal, but you simply can't deny that they are the ones that you reach for when you need that extra bit of sass. If I know I've got a big event coming up, I instantly cast my mind to my go-to lip shades: a strong, blue-toned red like the MAC Lipstick in RiRi Woo/Ruby Woo, or a classic matte nude like my Kat Von D Everlasting Lipsticks in Lolita/Lovesick or the MAC Lipstick in Mehr. Like anyone's favourites, these have been tried and tested countless times, meaning that I know exactly what to expect out of them, and I know they're going to give me that extra bounce to my step.

Moving upwards and onwards, I've always been a sucker for my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose. This is my second brick of the stuff, and I know that it will always provide me with a fresh cheek colour as well as a light, shimmery highlight - especially when I'm tanned! What's your go-to cheek product?

I find that when it comes to eyes, I tend to be fairly fickle when it comes to mascaras or even eyeshadow colours, but I'm particularly loyal to a few eyeliners that I love. My all time favourite is the Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Black - an eyeliner that saw me (and my singular hooded eyelid) through countless sweaty, overly-humid summers in Hong Kong. Trust me, that is the ultimate test of makeup, and whilst some of the hyped up bestsellers failed miserably, this bad boy never once did me wrong. However, if there is a rare occasion wherein I have somehow found myself without a backup of my beloved eyeliner pen, I would definitely recommend the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink as another fail-safe eyeliner option. Nothing makes you feel more confident, and frankly, badass, than knowing that you not only look amazing but also that you won't look like a hot mess in before you even reach your destination.


What products in your makeup collection give you that extra ounce of confidence? I'd love to know!



SHOP THE POST:


Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram