Bienvenida to one of my favourite series on I.R. - #Palegirls - where I recommend some of my favourite products to compliment the fairer-skinned amongst us. Obviously, these posts aren't going to be directly useful for all of you, but do keep in mind that these are gorgeous products regardless of your skin tone, so be sure to check any of them out if they tickle your fancy, as many will come in more appropriate shades for your skin tone! This is actually the second installment of contouring products for #PaleGirls, so make sure to check out my previous post here.

First of all for volume two we have a new addition to my collection, and one of my personal favourites when it comes to contouring. Due to my rounder face shape, I find it quite hard to create a believable contoured look, so I find cream contour shades the easiest to work with to produce more natural results. This is where the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit in Fair comes in - the six super creamy and blendable shades included in the (rather sizeable!) palette provide you with everything you could possibly need to sculpt every inch of your face if you so desired. What's nice is that there aren't only differences in the darkness of the shades, but there is also a nice variation of slightly warmer and cooler tones amongst them. Anastasia also offers three other shade palettes - Light, Medium, and Dark - for those of you with darker skin tones, so be make sure to check them out!

The next product that I'd recommend for you #palegirls is less about the specific brand, but more about a certain type of product. Here I've shown my Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in Dim, but I have used MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural before in a darker shade than my natural skin tone to help to create shadows in all the right places. This is something you have to be more careful with, though, especially with cheaper brands who tend to have a smaller range of colours, because 'darker' can very easily become 'orange'. To avoid this, be sure to try the shade out in person, and I wouldn't recommend going more than two or so shades darker than your ideal match. 

So there you have it, some of my favourite contouring products for the paler-skinned among us! Have I missed any that I need to know about? Let me know!


SHOP THE POST:


More from the #Palegirls series: Inner-eye highlighters, Blush, Contouring #1, Highlighting




Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram