Much like the rest of the world and their mother, I've fallen hard for matte liquid lipsticks and they've become my go-to purchase as of late. No matter the price, I've been pretty determined to get my hands on the most popular formulas, splashing out far too much money to allow me to compare them for myself. Want to know which outshone the rest? Keep reading...

Kylie Lip Kits (£22-40, depending on shipping/taxes etc.):
Ah, the infamous lip kits by the global phenomenon that is Kylie Jenner. There's no denying that the girl has major influence (I mean, she's practically shitting money at this point) but critics weren't sure that she'd be able to pull off decent-quality products, or if the whole thing was based on the fact that she could practically sell anything and make a fortune. The verdict? They're alright. They're certainly not the best products on this list, but the fact that I ended making a second order despite the ungodly shipping and tax fees means that they must be decent (or that I'm under her spell like millions of others) Want to know more? Check out my in-depth review here.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks (€20 or £24.95 on depop*):
The best of the bunch in terms of texture, wear and shade range has to be the liquid lipsticks from Kat Von D, but of course these aren't readily available in the UK are they? No, that would be far too simple. Luckily, Kat Von D has launched in Sephora Europe fairly recently, but if you're based in the UK and aren't planning a trip oversees anytime soon, check out LillyJam on Depop* as I've got all of my Kat Von D shades from her and have been really impressed!

The offering from Bourjois was the first liquid lipstick that I tried and remain a firm favourite of mine. A good price, easily accessible in the UK and a great texture - the only thing these are missing is a slightly larger colour range.

Sleek Matte Me (£4.99):
The cheapest of the bunch and still one of the best, Sleek pulls it out of the bag with their Matte Me liquid lipsticks. Having recently expanded their shade range, there's definitely a shade for everyone and they are on par with the more expensive formulas when it comes to pigment and wear. The only niggle? The applicator is pretty horrible, meaning that you either need a lip brush or will need to spend a bit more time than the rest when applying to achieve a nice, clean look. 

Have you tried any of these liquid lipsticks? Which are your favourites? Do you have any other recommendations for me?


Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram