Hey guys! I've decided that since I love regular blog updates on everyone else's blog, I should follow suit. So, the blog for today is a continuation of yesterdays, my top 5 MAC eye brushes. So, without further ado, I'll get into it. So I tried to choose the brushes that I personally cannot live without. I use most of these brushes on a day to day basis (which mean I have to brush them, a lot). *please excuse the dirty brushes :)*
MAC 266, 217, 239, 227 & 219 (left to right)

MAC 266:

This first brush is my go-to brush for eyebrows. It has natural hair bristles (non-synthetic) which make it perfect for powders. It has a really thin tip, perfect for adding powder to the brows to provide a natural result. Pixiwoo, one of my favourite channels on YouTube frequently use this and their brows look flawless. Definitely a must for me.
MAC 217:


This was the first brush I bought from MAC and probably my all-time favourite. If I could only choose 1 brush from MAC, this would be it. Every time a friend asks me what their first brush should be, I say the 217. You can crease a whole eye look with it. You can pack on colour, put colour in the crease and blend it our seamlessly. My favourite use for this, however, is blending. It is truly outstanding for blending eyeshadow, and I am seriously considering buying a second one.
MAC 239:

Ah, the infamous 239. This is one of the most well known brushes by MAC. It is a brush or only 1 function, but it is amazing at what it does. It packs on colour like no other. This brush is also a must have, as I have never found another brush, drugstore or high end, that packs on colour as well as the 239.

MAC 227:


The MAC 227 is known best for brow bone highlighting, as it is quite big. I do use it for this, but my favourite use for this brush is when I'm in a rush. Due to its size, this brush is perfect for swiping colour all over the lid and up to the brow. Not the first brush on my but list, definitely one I use a lot.

MAC 219:
The main purpose of the 219 is as a pencil brush used to place shadow on the lower lash line. I love this brush for that purpose, but also for another reason. I have quite small eyes so this brush is also perfect for placing colour in the crease precisely (like for a cut crease look). If you are wondering why this is silver, it's because I got it as part of a LE brush set a few years ago, but I'm going to buy myself a full size one too :). So there we go, my five favourite MAC eye brushes.

I hope you have found this useful/interesting :)
Until next time,
Isobel
xx.

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram