Hey guys,
So i know my last post on my favourite neutral eyeshadows was a great success, but that was nearly a year ago so i thought that it was about time to update you all! don't get me wrong, i still love all of the colours i chose last time, but there are now a few new entires into the mix, (probably why i couldn't only choose 10 and had to make it 15!)

The following will be in no particular order, they will just appear by brand.




NARS Ashes to Ashes:































I knew straight away that 'Ashes to Ashes' would be on the top of the list. It's actually my most recent purchase on this list and one that I have used nearly every single day since it arrived on my door step. It's similar to MACs Satin Taupe but a bit warmer, almost a cross between ST and Patina. It has the most gorgeous, buttery texture and blends flawlessly with minimal effort. Definitely check this out if you havn't already.



NARS Mekong:































I remember the first time I swatched this gorgeous shadow. Let's just say it was along the lines of 'HOLY MOTHER THAT IS PIGMENTED'. Nars does some of the most unbelievably pigmented and gorgeous eyeshadows that i've ever come across. I love using this baby to line my upper and lower lash lines, the amazing part being that you only need the tiniest bit to complete your look. Well worth the money in my opinion.



Laura Mercier Burnished:































This is the first of only 2 shadows to have reappeared on my favourite neutrals list. It's a beautiful, sandy-gold shade with flicks of golden glitter and a satin finish. It works well with blue eyes but in my opinion would look gorgeous on all skin tones and with all eye colours. I've had a great experience with every LM eyeshadow i've tried, so they are worth a try!



MAC Handwritten:
































My thoughts on Handwritten are similar to those of Copperplate. It's a Matte2 formula, which is one of my favourite finishes from MAC. Ridiculously pigmented, very versatile and easy to blend. Handwritten is a rich, red brown that works well as a liner, crease color, and outer v definer. Again, like Copperplate, because it is so pigmented, I have hardly made a dent in it! It's the perfect outer v color for a bronze-y brown eye. 


MAC Mythical:































Mythical was released as part of the MAC Me Over collection.  Sadly this means it was limited edition. The shade itself is a stunning copper brown with the most amazing pinky metallic sheen. It is amazingly opaque and from one small swipe of my brush I get excellent payoff.  What makes this shadow different to others is the fact that it is so easy to work with.  MAC describe the shadow on their site as a ‘frosty coppery red’ which I disagree with. I don’t get red from this shadow – the sheen is pink.  I also don’t think it is frosty – it’s metallic. It is coppery though so I shall give them that one. Overall, it looks amazing with my blue eyes and i couldn't live without it!



MAC Outré:


























































Outre is was also part of the MAC Me Over collection and is a matte shade, but it is a very buttery matte not chalky at all. The color is a unique neutral and it's fantastic for blue eyes, it is on the yellow mustard side of brown. Doesn't sound very appealing but it works great as a crease color and is great for fall. I love it.



MAC Quarry:
































Another great everyday crease colour. A light brown with purple/grey undertones. I love a matte contouring shadow because it gives a great impact but it's still neutral and subtle. The application and lasting power are great too, and you know how i love my taupes!



MAC Copperplate:































Excellent colour payoff and texture (Matte2 never lets me down). I almost overlooked this  because it looks pretty unremarkable in the pan. Swatched it's a nice cool taupe, it makes an excellent crease colour, especially paired with Omega. I also use it on my eyebrows if I want a stronger brow, and Copperplate is perfect for that!  It's definitely worth picking up.



MAC Omega:































Omega is not a particularly pigmented or easily blend-able shade, but it is still one of my favourites. It is great in the crease for subtle definition, but my favourite use for omega is in my brows - it just compliments my skin tone and hair colour so well, and looks incredibly natural. However, if it isn't going to work on your brows and your skin tone is any darker than mine, i don't know how well it will work for you.



MAC Patina:































This is one of my favorite eyeshadows from MAC. It is this incredibly complex muted cool brown color with overlays of taupe, silver, and gold in it. Patina is one of those really amazing colours that is so incredibly versatile: all over the lid on its own, a crease color or used on the lower lash line, its perfect! I recommend this to all who are looking for some MAC eyeshadows to start with because this is truly a staple in my collection!



MAC Tempting:































I usually hate MAC lustres as they are chunky, glittery and not overly easy to blend or apply. However, there are a few exceptions, including this one, Tempting. It's a gorgeous brown shot through with an abundance of golden glitter. I love using a 217 and just applying a wash of it over the crease, the golden tones really compliment my eyes. In addition to this, it is gorgeous with a tan to make an amazing bronzed summer look.



MAC Phloof!:






























This is definitely one of my favourite MAC shadows and my favourite highlight colour ever. This all over the lid with NARS Ashes to Ashes has been my go-to look for well over a month now. I've always found it hard to find a shadow that is light enough for my pale skin tone, but the moment i found Ploof! my search was over :) I will definitely be repurchasing this when I inevitability run out.



MAC Vellum:































Vellum is one of the most interesting eye shadows I own. In the pan it's a white and blue duochrome. It applies somewhat white-ish but it totally transforms into a pale lavender with blue shimmer. Next to Phloof! this is probably my most used white shade. It's a nice soft white with a lot of blue and purple undertones in it which make it a nice, fun color to apply over darker bases.



Urban Decay Sidecar:
































Many people have commented on Sidecar being one of the least favourites from the UD Naked Palette, however it is one of my first choices! It may have the most fall out, but that isn't much, and it is the most gorgeous, glittery, cool-toned gold-y brown. Definitely a staple for me when pared with a matte colour or on its own!



Urban Decay Midnight 15:
































Midnight 15 is a soft champagne with a hint of taupe and frosted finish. There is a subtle amount of glitter which has a touch of fall out, but the colour is too gorgeous to get mad at it! Again, you all know how much I love a good taupe colour, and this being lighter than most, pairs perfectly with colours like satin taupe and patina. LOVE!






Well I hope this was helpful to you guys, especially if you're looking to start or expand your neutral collection. Let me know if there are any other 'favourite' posts that you would like to see.









2 comments

  1. Hi Isobel!
    Could you do a post about some MAC eyeshadows that you've tried but you didn't really like? Or eyeshadows to stay away from?

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alreday working on that, it'll be up soon! xx

      Delete

Follow

Instagram