Hey guys,

So as you probably already know, this gold-green-khaki-blue foil has probably been the most hyped color of 2011/2012. 

As always, Chanel was the first company to release a very similar, if not identical, shade called PERIDOT with their Fall 2011 collection. At that time, I wasn't entirely sure if I would enjoy such a peculiar color on my nails and considering the price tag, I decided to give it a miss.
However, as OPI recently released a similar shade in their Spider Man Collection, I eventually gave in to the duo chrome dreaminess of this polish.

'Just Spotted The Lizard' is an absolutely beautiful, versatile and very unique shade. The glitter is finely milled and therefore creates a gorgeous foil effect on the nails.

with flash

without flash



1 coat

2 coats

3 coats with flash

3 coats with flash

3 coats without flash

3 coats without flash


So whats the verdict?




MY RATING: 5/5


The formula on this polish is great: two coats and it's completely opaque.  As is the nature of pearly/metallic polishes, you do have to be mindful when applying this polish so as to minimize streaks.   Surprisingly, I really liked the application of the polish. Normally, I'm not a fan of these kind of metallics because they leave too many brushstrokes, but they really weren't too bad. It's barely noticeable. It actually sort of has a brushed gold look to it. Overall, I definitely recommend Just Spotted the Lizard. 

Also,  OPI "Just Spotted the Lizard" is said to be the twin of Chanel "Peridot." If you're a big fan of Chanel "Peridot" (Limited Edition) and need a back up/don't want to splash out for it, this shade might be worth picking up. Alternatively, if you don;t want to spend the money on and OPI polish, both Models Own and Topshop do a similar colour :)






3 comments

  1. This looks lovely on you! Such a gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I was so unsure, but once I applied it I fell in love! x

      Delete
  2. thats such a lovely colour and not one you see on a lot of people! really suits you!:)x

    ReplyDelete

Follow

Instagram