Hey guys,
So I landed in the UK yesterday morning and was excited to see both my July and August Glossyboxes waiting for me! I haven't had much of a chance to try any of the products yet but I'll let you guys know what my initial impressions are. The July box was a festival themed box, and the August box was called 'International Superstars' and featured products from around the world. Hopefully next month this post will be on time! Hope you enjoy!


JULY: THE FESTIVAL BOX:


Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil – Excited to see this in here, I love trying out new skin/hair oils.

Jelly Pong Pong Irish Cream Pavlova Lip Frosting – I've never tried anything from this brand before, but this product looks interesting!

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi  Moisture Mist – I love the generous size of this sample - 100ml! I haven't tried this out yet but I love getting new hair products to try out.

Monu Eye Gel  –  I've never rea;;y tired any eye cream/gell products before so I'm excited to give this one a go. It claims to soothe tired looking eyes so that's a win!

Bex W1X London Urban EDT – I hate receiving fragrance samples - this one doesn't even smell ver nice. 

What I Think – I REALLY WANTED THE HD BROW KIT! I'm really annoyed because glossybox has sent out at least HD Brow products in the past and I haven't received a single one of them. that aside, I hate that I got another perfume sample, but the extra Elizabeth Arden samples were nice and I am happy with everything else in the box.


AUGUST: THE 'INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS' BOX:


Alessandro Pro White Nail Polish (Germany) – I'm looking forward to trying this - my nails are never as white as I'd like them to be, so I'm glad I received this!

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Japan) – This is the product that I am definitely most excited about. I am all about finding new cleansing products - I just hope I don't like it too much because it's all the way from Japan!

All for Eve Eve’s Balm – This isn't really that exciting for me. It's a plain, multipurpose balm. Useful enough, but not very exciting!

Vera Valenti L’ombre a Paupiere Maragrita (Spain) – This product is just appalling - the texture, the colours, the packaging and the pigmentation, all horrible! I don't know how Glossybox thought they could get away with putting a palette I wouldn't have even bought when I was 6 in a 'luxury' beauty box. The only good thing about this is that everyone got a palette - I would have been really peeved if others had received a better product in place of this.

Lipcote (UK) - I'm looking forward to trying this as the concept seems interesting - however, it smells horribly chemical-y.

Glossy Box Lipstick in Glossy Pink – This shade is pretty, the texture is nice but the packaging is a little cheap feeling. 

What I think – I am happy with 4/6 products so all in all this was not a bad box, however the eyeshadow palette is an absolute joke so I am a bit peeved at Glossybox for this!

Until next month!

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram