Hey guys,

So today I received the February Glossybox - the delightful Valentines Edition! The products came in a limited edition box, a shiny baby pink box with a cute pink bow on it! I was really excited to see what would be inside this box as last years February box was one of my favourites.  So, without further ado, let's take a peek!




Products included:

Anatomicals Body Cleanser:
This smells nice enough, but to be honest I'm a bit sick of receiving Anatomical products. They're nice enough, but to be honest, are ridiculously cheap and really don't belong in a box that claims to provide 'high-end products'. This product is worth £2.50 - would you call that high-end?

Helen E Moisturising Lipstick in 'Cafe au Lait';
I have never heard of this brand before, which is interesting. This is a full size product, worth £8. This is all very good but the colour is not great. It's a dark nude/brown that does not go with my complexion at all. Oh well - what can you do?

Model Co Eyeshadow Duo in 'Bronzed Godess'
This is actually really nice, so I'm glad I received it. The lighter colour is a bit chunky but had nice colour payoff, and the darker shade is a gorgeous deep chocolate colour that blends out nicely. This is worth £12 which is pretty much the same price of the entire box, so that's nice!

Dr. Renaud Raspberry Face Cream:
This tube is worth an astonishing £15! It smells lovely and I am really excited to try it out. I don't really have much more to say about this apart from the fact that it looks and smells lovely!

Micabella Cosmetics Mineral Blush in 'Terracotta':
Hrmm, I am not entirely sure how I feel about this product. It is a nice enough colour, yet I'm not sure how well it will suit my skin. I can also take or leave mineral products. The main annoying thing about this blush is the size - how am I supposed to get a brush in there?!

+ a lollypop!

Overall, I am fairly happy with this box, apart from the few complaints. However, after looking at a few varients of this month's box on other blogs, it looks like I've been quite lucky. There was a perfume sample floating around (which has already been in a box), a few MeMeMe products (which are hardly high-end) and a lip balm (which I received in the February box last year!) I think that Glossybox needs to up their game as their 'high-end' image is rapidly disappearing. Saying that, I am fairly happy with this months box and look forward to the next one.


4 comments

  1. The box itself is very cute! I would want to try the Model Co Eyeshadow Duo in 'Bronzed Godess':)

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you weren't completely won over by your box this month. I did receive quite different things from you but I was mostly happy with what I got: http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/glossybox-february-2013/

    It's not particularly high end but I wanted to try new products, and that's exactly what I've been able to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I never feel completely happy with Glossybox anymore - birchbox seems to be a lot better at the moment! x

      Delete

Follow

Instagram