Believe it or not, I have always been one to be cautious and somewhat indecisive before splurging. I have been using a River Island wallet for the past 4 years or so, and although it has served me well, I knew that it was time to take the plunge and invest in wallet that could last me for a good long while. I've been itching to get myself a nice wallet for the last year or so, but have never wanted to part with my money. Being a student, finances can sometimes be limited, so I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't buy a wallet unless it felt right for me. I've been looking around for about a year now, searching stores like Tory Birch and Kate Spade for a wallet that would catch my eye and hopefully not cost an arm and a leg. At long last, the other day I moseyed into Marc by Marc Jacobs for a little look and stubbled across this little beauty. 

I have always been torn between whether to go with a funky, bright coloured wallet, or stick to a classic colour like black. I think that is why this whole process has taken so long actually! In the end, I went with my instincts and chose a classic black and gold design from Marc by Marc Jacobs (although this baby was in second place!) I think what swayed it for me was the actual design of the wallet. I've had an standard zipped wallet with 3 compartments in for years, and I wanted to shake it up. This wallet has a trifold design, and comes with all the necessary compartments. What really made it for me is the card slots as you open the wallet, and then another section of slots once you fold the entire thing out. I like being able to organise my cards, and this will enable me to keep my most used/important cards in the front and keep store cards and such more tucked inside as they are not needed as often.

Well now that I've waffled on for far longer than I should have, I have a question for you guys. Do you prefer to go funky and bright when buying a wallet or stick to traditional, classic colours? Let me know in the comment section below!




Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram