The time has come for another instalment in the #Palegirls series - a selection of posts that focuses on helping fairer skinned girls like myself find the best products for their skin tone in a world full of orange foundations and muddy bronzers. Today we're going to be looking at skin highlighters, which is an area that we can have trouble in. Trust me when I say that I've tried far too many 'highlighters' that have looked more like blush or bronzer on me that I care to count, so today I'm taking a look at four great shades that I know work on the palest of us...

This highlighter from NARS is really lovely; I have it as part of a duo but it also comes as a full sized highlighting blush if you're interested in picking it up. Although it appears fairly white in the pan, it has the most beautiful golden sheen to it that really compliments the skin. I'd say that this is probably the most intense of the shades - not to say that it can't be used with a light hand - but it does require a bit more attention when applying rather than just slapping it on!

As my most recent addition, this has quickly become one of my favourites. Despite the fact that it appears darker in colour in comparison to the other shades both in the above photo and in person, I can assure you lighter-skinned ladies that this is a truly beautiful highlighter. Unlike the other shades, this is very much a warm champagne shade rather than the typical 'pearl' colour that us paler girls usually get offered. So, although the colour is fairly subtle on the skin, the glow is incredible (wearing it here and here!) I'm also pretty sure that this is accessible for most people, so if you're in the market for a new highlighter, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at it.

Last year around this time I decided it was time to see what everyone was on about when they talked about the well-loved Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors and ordered this little set which contains two of their most popular shades: Pearl, Opal and a LE shade called Champagne Gold. Unsurprisingly, the two later shades couldn't really be called highlighters on my skin, but Pearl made the cut and has since earned a pretty little place in my collection. Similar to the NARS offering, it has a golden sheen that looks lovely, and because of it's thin, cream-like consistency, it is great for using all over the face under makeup or mixed with a foundation to add some glow, a trait that sets it apart from the other highlighters in the line up.

A classic highlighter from MAC is their cream colour base in Pearl - a (you guessed it!) pearly shade that adds a soft glow to the skin. I'd say that this is the most subtle of the shades mentioned, but it still works wonders when applied with a duo-fibre brush on the highest points of the face. Again, this is really easy to get your hands on, and is actually the cheapest of today's offerings, as well as being a multi-purpose product. 

What are your favourite highlighters? What would you like to see in the next #Palegirls post? Let me know!

I x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram