So, a few weeks ago I gave you guys a free reign to ask me whatever you wanted, and you sure delivered. Below are some questions I recieved from some very lovely readers, so read away and let me know if you have any more!

What's the thing you're most proud of in your life?
I reckon making it through my year abroad was pretty spectacular - if you've read about my anxiety problems then you can imagine how hard it was moving to Russia and literally not being able to come back until I'd been there for four months - yup. 

Which celebrity would you fangirl over?
Hrmm, tricky. I'm not a huge celebrity-worshiper but I guess if I bumped into Rihanna or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (who plays Jamie Lanister from GoT my ultimate crush!) then I would probably trip over myself. 

Do you feel different about life online than you did say 5 years ago?
So much has changed it's unbelievable; ever since the media has realised - and therefore harnested - the advertising power of blogs and sites like YouTube, things have gone downhill for me personally. Gone are the days of MAC Hauls recorded directly onto YT with your webcam (guilty!) - now it seems that you need a DSLR, professional studio lights, and a handul of marble surfaces to even break into the online world of vlogging/blogging. I'm all for making a living by doing what you love, and I would consider myself lucky if my blog ever became profitable enough to support me, but now that there's a *chance* that your blog can become monetised there are way too many blogs out there trying to do the same thing, and trying to find a genuine voice can be tricky. Luckily there are still loads of blogging babes out there though so don't be discouraged!

16 year old me filming for YT vs. 22 year old me posing for a blog post!


What's your biggest pet peeve?
Selfish people - sitting on the outside seat next to a free seat on a bus/train when others are having to stand, being really late and not letting you know, not having basic manners - the usual!

Was your prom dress as embarrassing as mine?
Mine were both actually really nice luckily! I had a dance after my GCSEs at 16, and another once I graduated (a day before my 18th so heading to the club with my actual ID rather than my fake one was brilliant!) I wish I had a picture of the back of my second dress because it was amazing!!
Prom dress at 16 vs. prom dress at 18

What are your goals for blogging? Do you set yourself goals with your blog at all, or do you find that takes the fun out of it?
At the back of my diary I have a list of 50 things I want to achieve during the year (number of books to read, new places to visit ect.) and I usually put a vague blogger-related goal (mine this year was to reach 1,250 followers, and to continue blogging 3-4 times a week when possible) but I try not to focus on numbers and growth too much. I've found that in the past, the more I talk about gaining followers, the more I actually lose, so I try not to think about it, otherwise I become obsessed! 

What is the #1 tip that you'd give someone doing Erasmus? (a student exchange program in the EU)
I didn't have a huge amount of help from either my home university or my host university when I was on Erasmus in Madrid, so the biggest bit of advice I could give is to do your research thoroughly. Things are usually a lot more laid back than you expect them to be, so as long as you're prepared (you know what's expected of you, you've researched the city, you've sorted out your modules and know where you're going) then you should be fine! Also - make sure you make the most of the trip - what I would do to be back in Madrid again!!

Who is your role model?
This is quite a tricky quesion, and one I don't know if I've ever thought about until now. There have been lots of strong people in my life who I respect and love, but I honestly don't know if I would label any of them as a role model. I feel like we are all so different, so aspiring to someone else's life/ideals/success isn't necessarily productive or useful. Am I the only person without a clear role model? I doubt it, but if I ever am able to answer this question then I'll be sure to let you know!

What's the best advice you've ever received?
However cliché it may sound, the best advice I've ever been given (and try to give myself) is that 'everything happens for a reason'. This has always helped me through the harder times I've had because I can tell myself that things will always work out, even if at first it's not in the way that you expect.

Isobel x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram