Welcome to the final post of What I’ve Been Loving - it’s been a long ride hasn’t it? Spanning over two years and fifty posts, WIBL has been filled with all the beauty goodies that have given me joy since I posted the first edition in January 2013. Well, all good things must come to an end, and for me this series has run its length. But, fret not! There will be a favourites-based replacement once I figure out what format I want it to take, it will just be separate from the WIBL tag. Enough chit chat - let’s take a look at the products that are featured in the last ever WIBL…

Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in ‘Lolita’ (US$20):  
OH MY GOD this is gorgeous. When the lovely Beth asked me if I wanted any makeup from America whilst she was over there, this was at the top of my list. Why they don’t sell these in the UK yet is beyond me. ‘Lolita’ is probably a shade that I didn’t need because I already have so many similar colours, but my god is it stunning. The formula is super light feeling and isn’t too drying, as far as liquid lipsticks go, anyway, and it fades fairly evenly. As soon as I find a way to get my hands on a few more shades, it’s game on!
Contouring has always eluded me - having a 'fuller' face makes things a bit trickier and powder simply wasn't cutting it, so I decided that it was about time to step my game up and get a cream contour. My hunt led me far and wide, but in the end, I decided on this cream contour kit from Anastasia simply because it offers three shade sets (mine is in fair, but they also have light, medium and dark) and within those sets, they offer 6 different colours to use. Long story short, it's given me a lot to play with, so I feel more comfortable with my contouring now!

When I smelt this in store, I threw it in my basket before I even checked the price. I know that pretty much all hand creams smell amazing, but there's something about this one that's just so familiar to me. Maybe it reminds me of my trip to India and all of the gorgeous smells I encountered there? I don't know, but it's amazing and that's all there is to it! 

What have you been loving lately?

SHOP THE POST:

 

Just to let you know, this is an exception - there won't be any posts now until my relaunch on the 19th March. Like I talked about in my last post, I just wanted to round this up to the fiftieth post before ending the series, and I didn't have time to do that before I took my months break, so here it is!

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram