You know when a song comes on and you're instantly transported back in time to the moment when it was especially significant in your life? The moment when the first few notes play and a huge wave of nostalgia crashes over you? Well that happened to me the other day - I was driving along and Maroon 5's 'Moves like Jagger' came on and before I knew it, I was back in a club in Bath during freshers week four years ago, dancing my heart out. For me, this is one of the most enjoyable sensations out there; having such a deep connection to a song that it can take you back to an exact moment in time years ago is simply amazing to me. So, the other day I sat down, went through my iTunes library and composed the following list; 

I present to you the soundtrack to my life thus far:
Singing class in primary school:
DJ SammyHeaven

Summer after finishing high school:
Pitbull - Give Me Everything

Freshers Week at university (2011):
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
Sak Noel Loca People
Rihanna - We Found Love
Lucenzo & Qwote - Danza Kuduro

Club nights in Bath/Songs with my girls:
Jose de Rico - Rayos de Sol (ft. Henry Mendez)
Nicki Minaj - Anaconda

First two weeks in Russia:
One Republic - Counting Stars
Crystal Fighters - Champion Sound

6-hour bus drive from Seville to Madrid on my YA:
Lorde - Pure Heroine (especially Team, Ribs and Tennis Court)

Madrid:
Ellie Goulding - Goodness Gracious
Wisin - Adrenalina (feat. Jennifer Lopez & Ricky Martin)
Shakira - Nunca Me Acuerdo de Olvidarte
Lorde - Pure Heroine

Final year/Graduating university:
Sia - Chandelier 
Sia - Fire meets Gasoline

What songs would feature on your 'soundtrack'? What moments or time periods do they take you back to? Let me know :)

I x

Post a Comment

Follow

Instagram